Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My new friends

Its amazing what happens when the headphones come off. This morning I 'rehearsed" my 30min 5K, and ended up doing it in 29. I'll enjoy being able to shave minutes off while it lasts. Lol. But then I did a little lifting and went back for another mile. During that mile I took my headphones off. The result: it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I figured that without music to "distract" me it would take me soooo long to run the mile. The uphill seemed long, but the level was awesome.

After this, I was encouraged to keep the headphones off for the lifting portion. Again, to my surprise, the workout didn't seem to drag on. It was still high energy, just my energy. While the headphones were off I couldn't help but overhear three ladies talking about their turkeys for tomorrow. I gave them my 2 cents and we had a little conversation about what each was making for Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, the race is tomorrow. I got my number yesterday, and I'm sooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment