Thursday, November 19, 2009

First gym outing with five fingers

Gotta admit, I felt a little self conscious when I pulled into the gym parking lot. As I was walking up I wondered if they would even let me workout. Once I made it past the front desk, I knew I had it made. They were really awesome and gave me a better center of gravity for some exercises. I was having so much fun feeling the ground that I was walking on that I didn't think to see if anyone was staring. But then the lifting was over and it was time for the first run. Walked for the first minute and then started a light run at 6.0. I immediately noticed that my stride had shortened. Also, that there really is no padding. It really felt like I was running barefoot. Then around the 12 minute mark I started to feel a rubbing on the inside of my right foot. I decided to call it a day so that I could come back stronger tomorrow. I just can't get over the fact that I might be able to finally run again after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment