Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lug Bolts >:O

Today I bought new rims and tires for my car. Spent most of today looking for a key to get the lug bolts off of my 2001 VW Golf GTI. I would rather find the key and re-use the old ones than spend $4.75 on new ones at the dealership. The problem is that I think the wobble extension will eventually strip the bolts, thus causing me even more trouble. They are stupid 14mm x 1.5 tuner lugs. If anyone else has had trouble with this, just stop looking now. There is no such thing as a double square drive, 8 bit hex or allen key, or even a single square that is large enough. At least I have no idea where to find one. I ended up spending 2 hours searching sites, calling stores, etc. I guess I will just have to use the wobble to get them all out and replace them with some that I found at TulipCityWheels.com.

In the off chance that someone has indeed found something that might help post it just to humor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment