Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Hooked

Woke up at 5 today and it was raining and miserable in B-more. So I decided to run at the gym rather than outside. I ran before my lifting routine. I noticed that I was feeling pretty tired running after lifting. A good choice. I met my goal of another 30 minute 5K to prepare for Thanksgiving, and wound up running another mile after that. I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I got off. Only two weeks ago my knees would tremble if I looked at a treadmill the wrong way.

I focused on my foot landing today. I watched this video yesterday that allowed me to really get a feel for how different running in Five Fingers is.

The arch and mid-foot strike on the left foot are so pronounced it made me take notice. The guy that posted that also has some other video that I watched and were really good.

I also got asked about the five fingers again today. The guy seemed really impressed that I could actually run in them. I simply said, "I couldn't run without them."

No comments:

Post a Comment