Friday, April 30, 2010

Treadmill with a mission

Today I didn't really feel like running on the pavement so I was going to the gym to lift. After I got there the treadmill was literally calling my name! I decided to hop on. I paid very close attention to my form. I noticed a fatal flaw: I was trying to keep tempo with the music! When I used the elliptical and gazelle machines I would go to the beat of my music adjusting the difficulty accordingly. It was an attempt to "get in the zone." However, on the treadmill, the 124-130 beats per minute was causing me to stride way too slow. Thus, my strikes were trying to cover more distance, and I was landing in front of my center of gravity. I was able to knock out 3 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes. I "got out of the zone," paid attention to myself, and had a blast. Now the treadmill doesn't scare me at all. Although, I would still prefer to run outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment