Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas in the Aire

Today Cara and I went to her parents house to put up their Christmas tree! Her dad ordered a Balsam Fir from a tree farm in WV. It was delivered yesterday. Apparently they smell really good and don't shed their needles at quite the pace that other species do. He had fond memories from his child hood. I've got to say that it did smell very good once it got up. However, it also shed a fair amount of leaves. Maybe being without water for a couple days had it down. We strung bubble lights on the tree as well. Such a mysterious ornament. How do they bubble?

My training today consisted of high rep strength training followed by a 6-7mph mile run. I am officially training Cara now, so I didn't want to tire (or injure) her =P. The snow today made for some cold five fingers. Although, without the moisture aspect I think they will be ok. I have the KSO (keep stuff out) pair, but the Flows are supposed to be better insulated and more water resistant. I think they are made out of neoprene.

Later on tonight Cara and I are going to stay at a new hotel called Aloft and see the new Twilight movie. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment