Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2nd Day Not Running

I decided not to run today either. I want my feet to feel all better by the time the next 5K rolls around. I biked 4.5 miles and then did some steep walking. Varied from 7% at 4mph to 13% at 3.5mph. It was surprisingly challenging. Especially when one of my new friends came over to talk to me! =D The whole talking thing adds another layer of difficulty. She noticed my five fingers and was wondering about them. I told her the story. She said that her daughter has problems with her knees. She also happens to be a nurse, so is on her feet all day.

As it also turns out, he husband is currently reading a book on barefoot running. He said it was pretty good but couldn't remember the title off hand. He is going to let me know what it is on Friday.

I also trained Cara this morning. We used the resistance bands for the whole workout. Seemed like it was pretty challenging. It was definitely different just watching. Good thing I had a cup of coffee to keep me busy. Finally, the boredom got so great that I had to do some inverted shoulder presses. There was that and then the demonstration of shoulder raises which prompted me flapping my "wings" like a raven. LOL.

I went down to the inner harbor today to snap some photos. I wanted to get down there for the clouds clearing, but didn't make it in time. They burnt off a little earlier than I expected... Actually on the way down. Here is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment