Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My new goal

This week I am going to run a marathon (throughout the week)! Lol. I got my daily mile report card this week and it said 18.9 miles. I was like, wow, that is kinda close to 26.2. Or at least it is in my world. Today I started off with 3.2 miles. I will pace myself through the rest of the week so that my next daily mile report says at least 26.2.

Today was pretty busy, but I got my business web site up and running. It is at http://www.kellersafetyproducts.com
Even though nobody that reads this would probably want anything on it, just humor me.

I have also decided to put vaseline on my left foot followed by a sock after every run. That foot has always been dry and with the last crack I don't want any more to follow. If anyone knows any other strategies let me know.

The random fact for today is that sweet potatos have 32% more potassium than bananas. The fruit that we all know and love for potassium has been one upped. Per 100 grams a banana has 89 calories and 358mg potassium. The sweet potato has 92 calories and 475mg per 100 grams! And the sweet potato is chocked full of vitamin A and beta carotene. One potato has by far your daily dose of Vitamin A. Hope this is interesting to you all!

**Addition: A potato has even more potassium than a sweet potato! 100g of potato WITH SKIN has 49% more potassium than a banana! 13% more than the sweet potato. Only downside: no vitamin a or beta carotene.

No comments:

Post a Comment