Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jason Derulo - Ridin Solo

So the last two days I have listened to Jason Derulo - Ridin Solo 156 times... And that is only on the computer. LOL. Not counting in the car or at the gym. Pretty insane. Needless to say it is a great song. And no, I don't listen to lyrics, but the music is awesome. I wish I could think of more songs like it. There is actually a pretty good piano version on youtube by Yoonha Hwang at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shuvKLF50BE.

As for my training today, I read the first chapter of Chi Running while I was sitting in the massage chair at the gym. I finished it at the nearest table. It was great. The comparison of leaning forward while running to a unicyclist was great. As I was running I pictured that. I also pictured that as the unicyclist wants to go faster he leans further forward. Maybe that will surface in a later chapter. I also noticed a lot of parallels to the peaceful warrior. Focusing on the body and doing your best, not worrying about what other people expect.

As for the run, it was great. I did 4 miles on the treadmill in 37:17. I am on par for making my marathon. The funny thing was that as I put up the speed the running actually became easier. The only thing is that my muscles aren't ready to move that quickly yet. I did one Ridin Solo at 6mph, then one at 6.5, than one at 7. Seemed to work out well. And my feet were definitely moving faster than the tempo.

Gonna need some sweet potato tonight! Can't wait for my massage in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment