Friday, May 7, 2010

How did I gain this weight?!!?

Alright... I missed a day of my marathon. Yesterday I did not run. It was rough, but I had to be down in the harbor to get pictures of the night skyline for the website. Here is one of the better ones...

And actually, I did run a little bit... On my way back to the car when my meter was going to expire. LOL. Now I realize I will just have to run a little bit further every other day to make the 26.2.

On my run today I accomplished two things... First, got my run in. Sadly didn't eat anything before I went, but it still went surprisingly well. Second, I stopped at Advance Auto really quick and got a hitch for my truck. The good thing about that - and extra fourteen (yes, 14, I weighed it when I got home) pounds in my bag. Oh my god... I didn't know how much a little extra weight could do. I would hate to be fat. The last 1.5 miles were significantly harder, but I was able to keep up the pace.


I am also finding that contrary to what most people say and believe I prefer to run outside, I find it easier. I practiced focusing my Y'Chi today too. It was pretty easy when I was running in the grass, but harder when in the street and on some crappy sidewalks. Kept feeling like I was going to step on something not fun. Even with the Vibram's on I worry abut that. I was also starting to get the pelvic rotation into the mix, especially when the extra weight was added to my back. Some how the little bit of extra sway in the back pack really helped me feel it better. Like a third limb of "cotton."

Off to earn some dough now, hopefully. I will be running in Washington Pennsylvania the next couple days. Hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment