Sunday, May 9, 2010

Done my Marathon!

I set out at the beginning of this week to run a marathon over 7 days. That was quite a goal for the person who had only run 5 miles at a time up until this point in my life. It was a tall order, but I thought it would be a fun challenge. Then I missed the first day. O well, just ramp up the others. Then I realized I had one day less than I thought. Daily mile weeks run Monday to Sunday. I thought there were Tuesday to Monday. One less day. Then my new business kinda of robbed a day from me yesterday. I say kind of because I made a conscious decision to challenge myself to run 10 miles on the last day.

Wow. 10 miles. I had never even thought (realistically) about running that far. I know I would like to run a marathon, and eventually do the IronMan barefoot. 10 miles was a tall order. Blew right past the 10K (6.21miles) milestone. I was pumped. I had some iskiate before the run (about 30 minutes). I wore my compression UnderArmor with a long sleeve shirt over (to prevent flooding the treadmill).

I chugged some more iskiate at the 42 minutes mark. I knew I would have to eat during this run. I had no clue how long it would take. As it turns out 1:35:27. a 9:33mile. Better than expected considering there was a 4 minute walk in there. I did get scared when the treadmill turned off after 60 minutes, LOL. I think I caught a couple people off guard running that far barefoot. Especially the girl at the from desk.

When I was done I was DRENCHED. I was soo excited though. After all of my shorter runs I have felt like I could go further. This time I finally did. The best part: I felt like I could go further! Go figure. That was enough for today though.

It was so empowering to accomplish this goal. I told my mom what I was up to today, and she just asked that I be careful. Later found out that they had 10 baby ducks born in their yard. A mile for every duck. What great coincidence.

I'm back down into the harbor tonight. I got the Panorama done:


While it is good, I think I can do a better one now that I know how the stitching process works. Better raw materials make better finished products.

1 comment: